Know Your Blogger Series
A FI lifestyle can help all of us to live happier, healthier, more financially-stable lives. (Plus, FI choices tend to also be good for humankind and the planet!)
Check out our Q&A with Eat Sleep Breathe FI here.
During these weekly features, we are hoping to provide a way for you to interact and learn more about different blogs in the personal finance space.
Below, you can read more about the story behind Eat Sleep Breathe FI, learn about the author, and learn personal finance tips from Eat Sleep Breathe FI to help you improve your financial situation.
A big thanks for Eat Sleep Breathe FI for this interview! Now, we will turn it over to the author for this interview.
Tell us about Eat Sleep Breathe FI
What makes you and your blog unique?
- I live in Canada (there aren’t enough Canadian FI blogs).
- I live in a high-cost-of-living city (Vancouver, BC).
- I’m not single or childless (I’m married with two kids).
- We’ve lived on a single income for nearly 15 years.
- We’re pretty normal, but will reach FI in our 40s just by optimizing our money a little more than the average family.
What are your three articles people should read to get to know you and your message better on your site?
What does “being good with your personal finances” mean to you?
What are some habits you practice to keep your personal finances in order?
- Using YNAB to track our spending.
- Regularly communicating with our financial planner.
- Continuing to learn new ways to save money and invest.
For someone looking to improve their financial situation, what’s your best advice?
In your opinion, what’s better? Focusing on increasing your income, or focusing on decreasing your expenses?
What is your favorite investment class and why? (stocks, private business, bonds, real estate, crypto, precious metals, etc.)
Do you have any financial mistakes you’d like to share, and how have you grown from these mistakes to improve your personal finances?
If you received a $5,000,000 windfall tomorrow, what would you do with the money?
Why do you believe learning about money and caring about personal finance is important?
How You Can Contact Eat Sleep Breathe FI for More Information
Thank you for reading this interview, and thank you, Eat Sleep Breathe FI, for providing us with some great personal finance tips!