Know Your Blogger Series
Check out our Q&A with My Quiet FI here.
During these weekly features, we are hoping to provide a way for you to interact and learn more about different blogs in the personal finance space.
Below, you can read more about the story behind My Quiet FI, learn about the author, and learn personal finance tips from My Quiet FI to help you improve your financial situation.
A big thanks for My Quiet FI for this interview! Now, we will turn it over to the author for this interview.
Tell us about My Quiet FI
What makes you and your blog unique?
What does “being good with your personal finances” mean to you?
What are some habits you practice to keep your personal finances in order?
What are your three articles people should read to get to know you and your message better on your site?
For someone looking to improve their financial situation, what’s your best advice?
- Step One – do you have a 401K match?
- Step Two – do you track your expenses and have debt?
- Step Three – do you have a Roth IRA?
- Step Four – After steps 1-3 are handled, now we can have some fun and buy stocks/ETFs or whatever stuff you want to get into.
What are your favorite personal blogs and bloggers you have been inspired by?
- Fates on Fire: Fate is my homie and someone I look up to in the FI community. He’s an incredible writer that consistently showcases a unique creativity and outlook on life that I love to follow. We also share our roots in LA and both have a fondness for the Pacific Northwest.
- Along The Camel Ride: Katie is more new to me, but I love her story telling ability and the amount of content she pumps out is pretty amazing. We’re close in both age and our FIRE timelines and I share a lot of her views, so it’s been fun watching her journey.
- Other blogs I try to keep up to date on that I enjoy: Full Time Finance, Freddy Smidlap, Your Money Blueprint, and Indeedably.
In your opinion, what’s better? Renting a place or buying a house to live?
Do you have any financial mistakes you’d like to share, and how have you grown from these mistakes to improve your personal finances?
What’s a non-money related interest you have and what do you love about it?
- Music – I’ve been a drummer my entire life but also enjoy playing guitar, bass and piano. Any time I can sit with an instrument is time well spent.
- Playing in the outdoors – anything to do with nature and I’m in. That includes hiking, camping, backpacking and I was very into running Spartan races pre-COVID.
- Reading – I have a voracious appetite for books, especially epic grimdark fantasy. The series Malazan Book of the Fallen, by Steven Erikson is by far my favorite.
- Gardening – I am obsessed with succulents and my addictive personality has led to a copious collection of these beautiful plants. Where I live, we don’t have that mysterious, white sticky stuff that falls from the sky, so there are no weather constraints on enjoying this hobby year-round.
Why do you believe learning about money and caring about personal finance is important?
How You Can Contact My Quiet FI for More Information
Thank you for reading this interview, and thank you, My Quiet FI, for providing us with some great personal finance tips!